CelticThunder Blog

Welcome to FLCeltsFan's Celtic Thunder blog. I plan to list a very eclectic variety of posts here concerning both of my favorite teams and especially my favorite player- Kendrick Perkins. I hope you will enjoy your visit and come back soon.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Calling All Thunder (or Perk) Fans


When the Celtics traded Perk, I was devastated.   Perk has been my favorite player since his rookie season.  I've been a Celtics fan since 1969 and through all the great players that have come and gone, I've never gotten attached to any player quite like I have with Perk.  I can't explain it.  Maybe it's his honesty, his work ethic, his commitment to defense, or just the fact that winning means more to him than stats.  Maybe it is all of the above. 

When the Celtics traded Perk, I figured I would just keep track of him and follow him on the Thunder and went looking for a Thunder forum to see what they were saying about Perk and to keep up with how he was doing.  I found Thunderfans.com and right away, the fans there welcomed me, even though I was a Celtics fan.  I found some of the most genuine and friendly fans on the web there.   I spend a lot of time on other sites gathering the Comments posts and believe me, Thunder fans are among the best (as are the Celtics fans).  But, as far as enthusiasm and friendliness,  I don't think there's a fan base in the league as good as the Thunder. 

And a funny thing happened while I was watching Perk on the Thunder.  I started really liking the other Thunder players and before I knew it, I was cheering for the Thunder as hard as I was the Celtics.  Now, I watch the Thunder because I love the Thunder.  How could anyone not love that collection of young, enthusiastic and talented players who play the game the right way?   And Perk fits that team perfectly. 

I wanted to feature this video on Celtic Thunder so that if there are other Celtics fans looking to keep track of Perk or if there are Thunder fans who are looking for a forum home,  this is a great place.  Like I said, some of the kindest and friendliest and knowledgeable fans around.  Check out the forums here.  And check out the Facebook page and LIKE it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment