CelticThunder Blog

Welcome to FLCeltsFan's Celtic Thunder blog. I plan to list a very eclectic variety of posts here concerning both of my favorite teams and especially my favorite player- Kendrick Perkins. I hope you will enjoy your visit and come back soon.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Thunder Just Got Scarier

Kevin DurantKevin Durant has been described as being bigger and stronger this season. He spent time in the weight room and now teams will have a much tougher time bullying him around in the paint.
“I hope so,” Durant said when told he looks bigger and asked if he got stronger over the off-season. “I guess we’ll know when we start banging during the season. But I feel a little bigger, and coach is going to put me down low a little bit more at the 4 so I’ve got to be stronger to guard those guys. I’m just looking forward to doing as much as I can to help this team.”
That could just cause a few mismatches for opponents and give the Thunder yet another leg up on the competition.   At times teams were able to push KD off the block and alter his shot.  With more bulk, even playing at the 3, he'll be able to stand his ground easier under the basket.  The bulk is  going to help with rebounding and on defense.   Hopefully it won't affect his shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment