CelticThunder Blog

Welcome to FLCeltsFan's Celtic Thunder blog. I plan to list a very eclectic variety of posts here concerning both of my favorite teams and especially my favorite player- Kendrick Perkins. I hope you will enjoy your visit and come back soon.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Stern Targets OKC Pregame Ritual?



A lot of players have pregame rituals. Some teams have them. But none has one more detailed or entertaining than the OKC Thunder's pregame ritual seen above. It's pretty much likely that David Stern's new policy that no more than 90 seconds can go by between player introductions and the tip off is aimed straight at the Thunder. Here's KD's take on it and I agree with him.
“I personally don't like it,” Durant said of the 90-second rule. “Every player in this league has routines they do with their teammates, rituals they do before the game and before they walk on the floor. The fans like it. The fans enjoy it. You see the fans mimicking the guys who do their stuff before the game. To cut that down really don't make no sense. Why would you do it? I really don't agree with it, but I don't make the rules.”
If they want to save some time in the game, how about cutting out some of the phantom fouls they call - like the technical on Perk for the look on his face. Or maybe just cut a couple of the official's time outs for TV commercials that seem to last forever. Maybe they can do their pregame ritual before the player intros. Show Herr Stern that he can't stop fun all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment