CelticThunder Blog

Welcome to FLCeltsFan's Celtic Thunder blog. I plan to list a very eclectic variety of posts here concerning both of my favorite teams and especially my favorite player- Kendrick Perkins. I hope you will enjoy your visit and come back soon.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Perk Is Back!!!

Oklahoma City Thunder center Kendrick Perkins (5) shoots in front of Denver Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried (35) in the third quarter of an NBA basketball preseason game in Oklahoma City, Sunday, Oct. 21, 2012. Oklahoma City won 108-101. (AP Photo/Sue Ogrocki)
Perk finally made his preseason debut in last night's 108-101 win over the Nuggets.   The Thunder had their starting 5 together for the first time this season and are back at full strength with 2 preseason games remaining in the preseason to tune things up.

Now to the important stuff.  Perk played 18 minutes and had four points, four rebounds and two blocks. I'd say that's a pretty good start for him as he played in the first game after having both groin and wrist surgery in the offseason. And might I remind you that Perk played through 3 playoff series with a torn groin muscle and ligament damage in his wrist without any complaints or so much as mentioning it. Perk is one guy I'd want in the trenches with me if I was going to battle.

It's great to see the big guy back out on the court doing what he does best.   

No comments:

Post a Comment